I use sheet masks because I like how affordable and easy to apply they can be. I was very excited to try these Skinfood sheet masks because they seemed like they contained healthy ingredients for the skin, and I read great reviews on the internet. I purchased a set of ten sheet masks off of Amazon because they were a great price for the ten mask sheets I got. I had a very hard time getting all the sheet masks in one photo as you can probably tell. 😀
All the sheet masks I received are listed below:
- Quinoa (2)
- Green Tea
I shared some of these with my friends and family so this review will only cover the Orange, Broccoli, Supernut, and Olive. My husband actually used the Olive sheet mask so I’ll start with what he had to say about it.
My husband is not a newbie when it comes to trying out sheet masks. I always try to convince him to use my skincare products, and it almost always works! I just try to make it seem like I’m having so much fun with my new moisturizer.
Danny mentioned that after taking off the olive sheet mask his face felt sticky. I hadn’t used one of the Skin Food products yet so I didn’t pay much mind to it because his skin was glowing!
The next night I tried the Supernut mask, and I didn’t feel the sticky feeling Danny noted. The essence felt much more like a lotion than the watery essences I’m used to. When I woke up the next morning my skin looked instantly refreshed and glowing.
This is what my skin looks like on a regular day. I hardly ever get pimples, but I do have a problem with clogged pores on my nose. I have slight discoloration from acne I’ve gotten in the past, and I always get a zit around the time of my period. When I use sheet masks I’m really only looking to see an improvement in hydration. I use other products that help fade discoloration or treat pimples.
Orange and Broccoli Sheet Mask
I had just broken out on my jaw and this pimple was angry and swollen. I thought this was a perfect opportunity to put Skinfood to the test. You can see in the After photo the redness has significantly gone down after I applied the Broccoli mask.
I decided to group these two together because the experience was so similar with both. First I want to list all the positives.
- I felt like all of these mask sheets improved my skin tone, and gave my skin the pick me up I was looking for. I applied each sheet mask at night, and my skin glowed well into the next day.
- The smell was pleasant with all of them, but I still don’t have the desire to try the Lentil mask. I’ll save that one for someone else.
- The price I paid for all ten sheet masks was very affordable. I paid about $1.25 for each off of Amazon.
- The sticky feeling Danny noted with his Olive sheet mask I felt with the Orange, Tomato, and Broccoli sheet masks. My skin was sticky to the touch, and that’s no way I like to feel after a sheet mask. It takes almost two hours for the essence to completely absorb, and for that sticky feeling to go away.
- Sheet mask was a little big for my face. The Creme Shop’s sheet mask fit my face a lot better.
For the price I think these sheet maks are a great bargain. But the feeling of having my hair stuck to my face is kind of gross. I’m not quite sure what happened because nobody else mentioned a sticky feeling from the reviews I read. Although I probably won’t repurchase this specific product anymore I don’t think this is a reflection of the entire brand. I will definitely still purchase from Skin Food in the future.